Designers come and go, but some manage to make a lasting impression. Here are 2014’s most popular fashion designers, according to Google searches.
Checkout this video:
2014’s most popular fashion designers
In 2014, the most popular fashion designers were Marc Jacobs, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan, and Oscar de la Renta. These designers were popular because they designed clothing that was stylish and fashionable. Their clothing was also affordable and could be found in stores all over the world.
The top 10 fashion designers of 2014
Fashion is a notoriously fickle industry, but there are always some designers who manage to stand out from the rest and become true trendsetters. Here are the top 10 fashion designers of 2014, according to Forbes magazine.
1. Marc Jacobs
2. Ralph Lauren
3. Donna Karan
4. Calvin Klein
5. Tommy Hilfiger
6. Oscar de la Renta
7. Giorgio Armani
8. Karl Lagerfeld
9. Miuccia Prada
10. Stella McCartney
The most popular fashion trends of 2014
It was a year of outrageous fashion statements and classic designer duds. From crop tops to cut-outs,Designers went daring with their designs this year, giving us plenty of fashion moments to remember. And while some styles fizzled out faster than others, there were definitely a few trends that we’ll be happy to leave behind in 2014. Here’s a look at the 10 most popular fashion trends of the year.
The top 10 fashion trends of 2014
Fashion is always changing and evolving, but there are certain looks and styles that become extremely popular in a given year. 2014 was no different, with plenty of new trends emerging and old favorites making a comeback. Here are the top 10 fashion trends of 2014, based on Runway report’s analysis of the year’s biggest fashion shows:
1. Oversized Outerwear: Coats and jackets were big (literally) on the runways this year, with many designers sending models down the catwalk in oversize outerwear. This trend is both practical and stylish, perfect for keeping warm in the winter months.
2. Bold Prints: Mixing and matching different prints was a big trend in 2014, both on the runways and on the streets. From floral patterns to stripes and geometric shapes, fashionistas everywhere embraced their inner wild child this year.
3. All White Everything:clean, crisp look was huge in 2014. Designers like Calvin Klein and Marc Jacobs sent all-white ensembles down the runway, while celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Beyonce rocked the look off duty.
4. Athleisure: This year saw the rise of athleisure, a trend that combines athletic wear with traditional apparel items like dresses and skirts. The result is a hybrid style that is both comfortable and chic – perfect for running errands or working out at the gym.
How to be a fashionable 2014
20 of the world’s most popular fashion designers were asked how to be fashionable in 2014. Here are their tips:
1. Find your own style. Don’t try to copy others.
2. Be confident. Fashion is about showing the world who you are.
3. Stay up to date with the latest trends, but don’t feel like you have to follow them blindly.
4. Choose clothes that make you feel good about yourself – not just clothes that look good on you.
5. Accessorize! A great bag, scarf or piece of jewelry can really make an outfit pop.
6. Get inspired by what you see around you – whether it’s a great street style look or a celebrity red carpet moment.
7. Don’t take fashion too seriously – have fun with it!
The top 10 fashion tips of 2014
The past year has been a big one for fashion. We’ve seen the rise of the athleisure trend, the fall of crop tops, and the return of denim. But with so many trends coming and going, it can be hard to keep up with what’s actually in style.
To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 fashion tips of 2014. These are the trends that you should definitely be paying attention to if you want to stay stylish in the coming year.
1. Wear more black. Black is always in style, but this year it’s especially trendy. If you want to look chic and fashionable, focus on building a wardrobe that consists mostly of black clothing.
2. Invest in a good pair of jeans. A great pair of jeans is worth its weight in gold. It will last you forever and can be dressed up or down to suit any occasion. Find a style that flatters your figure and invest in a pair that you’ll love wearing for years to come.
3. Get a signature scent. A signature scent is essential for any fashionista. It’s your calling card and helps people remember who you are long after you’ve left the room. Find a scent that suits your personality and make it your own.
4. Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize! Accessories are what take an outfit from good to great. They can also help you express your personal style and give people an idea of who you are without even saying a word. So make sure to stock up on some great jewelry, handbags, belts, and scarves—the more the merrier!
5 . Invest in quality basics . A well-stocked wardrobe should include plenty of basics—things like white shirts, black pants, coats, etc.—that can be mixed and matched to create endless different looks . Rather than buying cheap versions of these items that will fall apart after a few wears , it’s better to invest in high-quality pieces that will last .
6 . Be fearless when it comes to color . Fashion is all about self-expression , so don’t be afraid to experiment with color . Wearing bold hues is a great way to stand out from the crowd , so don’t be afraid to embrace your inner fashionista this year .
7 . Mix and match different textures . One of the best ways to add interest to an outfit is by mixing and matching different textures . This year , we’re seeing a lot of unexpected combinations , such as fur and leather , denim and chiffon , etc . Don’t be afraid to experiment —the more unexpected the better !
8 . Go big or go home with your handbags . This year , it’s all about making a statement with your handbag . Bigger is definitely better when it comes to purses , so don’t be afraid to go big this year .
9 . Get on trend with metallics . Metallics are having a moment right now , so make sure you’re incorporating them into your wardrobe somehow this year —whether it’s through clothing , accessories , or both !
10 times have definitely changed when it comes fanny packs] 11 Fanny packs are back! That’s right—fanny packs are cool again (just ask any hipster ). If you want to stay on trend this year , make sure you pick up one ( or two ! ) fanny packs in trendy colors or patterns
The top 10 fashion trends to avoid in 2014
The following are the top 10 fashion trends to avoid in 2014:
1. Wearing all black
2. Over-sized sweaters
3. Bow ties
4. Skinny jeans
5. High-waisted pants
7. Crop tops
8. Sheer fabrics
9. Nameplate necklaces
10. Studded everything
The top 10 must-have fashion items for 2014
There was a lot of great fashion in 2014, and many of the top designers are already planning their 2015 collections. But before we get too ahead of ourselves, let’s take a look back at the 10 best fashion items from 2014. These are the pieces that everyone wanted, and some that were so popular they sold out almost as soon as they hit the stores.
1. The “It” Bag – This year, the “it” bag was the Celine Trapeze, which was seen on the arm of everyone from fashion bloggers to celebrities. If you wanted one, you had to be quick, because they sold out almost as soon as they hit the shelves.
2. The Midi Skirt – The midi skirt was one of the most popular trends of 2014, and it’s not hard to see why. This versatile piece can be dressed up or down, making it a wardrobe essential.
3. The Oversized Coat – Oversized coats were everywhere this year, and they show no signs of disappearing any time soon. If you don’t have one already, make sure you invest in one for next winter.
4. The Leather Jacket – A leather jacket is a timeless piece that every woman should own. It’s perfect for those cold winter days, and can be dressed up or down depending on where you’re going.
5. The Ankle Boot – Ankle boots were another big trend in 2014, and they are perfect for transitioning from summer to autumn/winter. Pair them with skirts or jeans for a stylish look that will take you anywhere.
6. The Slip Dress – Slips dresses were all over the runways this year, and they quickly became a street style staple. They are easy to wear and can be dressed up or down depending on your style.
7. The White Shirt – A white shirt is a wardrobe essential that can be worn season after season. This year, we saw them styled in different ways on the runway and on the red carpet. Whether you like yours crisp and tailored or loose and relaxed, there’s a white shirt out there for you.
8 .The LBD – Little black dresses will never go out of style because they are so versatile. You can dress them up or down depending on the occasion, making them perfect for any event from work parties to wedding receptions . . If you don’t have one already ,now is the time to invest in one . You won’t regret it .
9 .The Trench Coat– trench coats are always in style , but this year we saw them come in all sorts of different colors , from pastels to brights . If you want something other than your standard black trench , try one in a fun color . You’ll stand out from the crowd while still staying chic .
The top 10 fashion trends for petite women
Petite women often have a difficult time finding clothing that fits properly and flatters their figure. However, there are a few trends that are perfect for petites! Here are the top 10 fashion trends for petite women:
1. Cropped pants – Cropped pants are a great option for petite women because they help to create the illusion of longer legs. pair them with a pair of high heels or wedges and you’ll be good to go!
2. Monochromatic colors – Wearing one color from head to toe can help to elongate your figure and create a slimming effect. Try pairing a black top with black pants or a white dress with white shoes.
3. Vertical stripes – Vertical stripes are another great way to create the illusion of longer legs. If you’re self-conscious about your height, avoid horizontal stripes as they will only make you look shorter.
4. A-line skirts – A-line skirts are flattering on all body types, but they are especially good for petites because they help to balance out your proportions.
5. V-neck tops – V-neck tops draw the eye upwards and help to create the illusion of a longer neck and taller frame. Pair them with a statement necklace to really make a impact!
6. Belts – Belting your waist is a great way to show off your curves, but it also has the added benefit of making you look taller by creating the illusion of a longer torso.
7. Bold prints – Wearing bold prints can actually be quite flattering on petite women because it helps to break up your frame and add some visual interest. Just be sure not to go overboard!
8. High heels – High heels are every petite woman’s best friend! Not only do they make you look taller, but they also help to elongate your legs and make them look slimmer.9. Layer clothing – Layering clothing is another great way to add some visual interest to your outfit while also helping to elongate your figure. Try pairing a dress with a cardigan or jacket, or wearing a long shirt over leggings or jeans.
10 . Play with proportions – One of the best ways to flatter your petite frame is by playing with proportions . That means pairing close-fitting items with looser ones, or vice versa . For example, you could wear skinny jeans with an oversized sweater , or wide-leg trousers with a fitted top .
The top 10 fashion trends for plus-size women
In 2014, the most popular fashion trends for plus-size women included everything from crop tops and maxi skirts to menswear-inspired fashions and color blocking. If you’re a plus-size woman shopping for clothing, use this list of the top 10 fashion trends as a guide to help you find chic and stylish clothing that flatters your figure.
1. Crop Tops
2. Maxi Skirts
3. Menswear-Inspired Fashions
4. Color Blocking
5. Bold Prints
6. Mix & Match separates
7. The Little Black Dress
8. The LBD with a Twist
9. Leopard Print
10. The Peplum